Self Employed

As someone who is self-employed, you must make certain you keep proper records of your income and expenditure, so they accurately reflect your business transactions through the year.

As your accountants, we’ll not only help you do that, but also make sure that you aren’t caught out by any nasty ‘tax surprises’.

These are some of the services we can offer you:                                      

  • Advice on how best to keep your records so they meet HMRC guidelines and accurately reflect your revenue and expenditure for the year


  • Full preparation of your accounts and self assessment tax return drafted by a mutually agreed date - we recommend bringing in your accounting records one or two months after the year end to beat the rush as the submission deadline looms


  • Ongoing tax advice to minimise your liabilities each year


  • Assess the benefits of VAT registration if you’re not already registered, or help with filing your returns if you are


  • If you employ staff, we offer guidance, advice and training on PAYE or we can calculate and manage your payroll, including filing your P35 Year End Return, for a fixed annual price

So call us on 01584 811686 and make an appointment to discover how we can help your self-employed business with its tax and financial matters.

Tax Point

VAT registration is based on business turnover, and is compulsory if this is greater than £77,000 annually as at 1st April 2012.

If you prepare your own VAT returns, but would like us to file them electronically on your please ask.